Christine from 15 Minute Beauty is not the outdoorsy type. At all. The thought of being in any sort of wilderness for more than a few hours fills her with dread! What would she have with her on a desert island… or, maybe is her island not so deserted after all?
In this edition of “Makeup Wars” we are talking about our Valentine’s Day looks. In my case, I associate Valentine’s Day with Pink and tend to stick with that color family, but keep my eyes pretty simple since Pink around my eyes ends up making me look like I have another case of “Pink Eye”, so, no good on me.
Check out what I would use:
So, this is what I would use. What do you do for your Valentine’s Day look? Do you vamp it up? Go all sweet and romantic? Or is it just another Thursday to you?
Now, go check out what these other lovelies are doing for their Valentine’s Day:
*Disclaimer: Some of these products were provided by the company’s PR for editorial consideration, and some I spent my hard earned wages on for my own amusement.
15 Minute Beauty shares how her at home laser hair removal has been going. Is it worth the cost of the unit?
Pink Sith says the Limited Edition Dove Winter Care Body Wash is not only a super moisturizing body wash that can help your winter dry skin ails, it can also allow you to communicate with new species!
Burberry Fans rejoice! Their new Lip Glow in Pink Sweet Pea (LE) exceeds the hype, and Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog thinks it is worthy of a backup before they disappear!
The only Mariah Carey CD Jessika from polish insomniac will listen to is her Christmas one, so will she be able to bring herself to wear the Mariah Carey by OPI polishes? Find out!
Prime Beauty has a riddle for you. What’s pink and peach, heart shaped and imparts a glowy natural flush? Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!
Beauty Info Zone is ready for their big trip. We’re taking Face Stockholm’s World Traveler kit and planning on fun times.
As we head towards Spring, Visionary Beautyshows us the good and not so good that Burberry spring has to offer
London Makeup Girl takes a look at the cult lip tint Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey. Is it really a universal shade?
Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed tries on lips from across the pond with Sleek MakeUP’s True Colour Lipsticks shade extension! Check out her swatches and see if they have you craving some tea and crumpets!
Pammy Blogs Beauty is making good on her 2013 Beauty Resolutions! Her first step? Building Strong & Healthy Nails with a new 2-step treatment from Julep!
Modesty Brown shares swatches of the Hourglass Illume Bronzer Duo in Sunset as part of her current swatch project.
Even trying so many new things, there are a few things that Paula, from Older Girl Beauty, buys over and over again. Check out what they are!
Perilously Pale rounds up her coverage of the beautiful Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2013 Arty Stone Collection with a look featuring the products. Check out why this collection has won her heart.
This week the Beauty Spotlight has abandoned The Pink Sith on a desert island. It was probably Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed that suggested it. While the Sith is pretty ticked off about being abandoned, she is looking forward to the 4 S’s of desert island living: Sun, Sand, Surf and Sunscreen! She has compiled a list of 12 essential items she must have during this exile, and yes, it even includes some beauty items for when she is rescued by Chris Hemsworth (The guy who played Thor) or some suitable facsimile there of. Enjoy!
It’s time for another edition of “Makeup Wars”, and this time we are talking about items that we rebuy. Now, I try a lot of different things and don’t finish many – it’s just the nature of this site. So, if I repurchase it, then it means I really like it and need it in my life. Here are a few things that I need to keep around me on the regular:
1) Schick Intuition Naturals Razor – I don’t have a big shower (*and I’m lazy), so I like to be able to just make one swipe and shave my legs clean without the repeated lean down to lather up and THEN get to shaving.
2) Yes to Cucumbers Face Wipes – I love to keep these by my bed for those nights I didn’t do a full clean up routine (*did I mention I am lazy?). These smell so good and I have even been known to mail some across country to folks who didn’t have them available in their area. People need these wipes.
3) Clairol Root Touch-Up – I swear, my grays grow faster than my color can fade, which is saying a lot for a bottle redhead. So, pretty much every 3 weeks, I’m doing a quick touch-up with this stuff. FYI, I heard they are updating this with a new brush and rounded tray, but I’ll tell you more about that later.
4) Swisspers Cotton Rounds – I use rounds for so many things that I can’t stand to waste time with flimsy rounds that fall apart after one swipe or a smidge too much product on them. These rounds stay together and can handle every thing from removing glitter off of multiple nails to removing drag queen-like lashes after a night out without falling apart.
5) Suave Dry Shampoo – I don’t fix my hair much during the week – it’s pretty much ponytail city every day (*Yep, lazy). But I still don’t want it to look greasy and LOOK like I didn’t wash my hair, so I rock this stuff pretty often. It’s cheap and it smells so dang good, besides helping me not look entirely gross every day.
So, these are just some of the things that I rebuy, besides feminine hygiene and dental care products (*do you guys want to hear about that stuff? I didn’t think so. But if so, I can make you up a beautysets graphic stat! ;)). Tell me, what are some of the items you regularly repurchase for your routines?
And, after that, go see what the other lovelies repurchase for themselves, too: