I am sure in all of the hustle and bustle of this season, you have made time for yourself and scheduled your mani/pedi’s, relaxed with a glass of wine and just made sure you were taken care of nicely. You haven’t? Join the club. The only pedi I have had was because I got an early xmas present, and it was at the mall so we combined it with gift shopping, not an all day enjoyable thing. (Not that I begrudge a prezzy of pretty, ya know?). I also know that in the season of giving, I don’t have many extra pennies to rub together, let alone spend it outside the house. But I still want/need to have pretty hands and feet. Luckily, Kiss Products understands my pain.
They have made manicure and pedicure kits that have every thing that I need
treat myself to mani/pedi’s at the house, and save myself money and the time it takes to go to the salon and make small talk with the technician, because, face it, by this time, christmas shopping has made us not want to be around people ever again. Or is that just me….. Anyway, these kits come with buffers, clippers, files and extras in a zippered pouch to keep it all together and easily grab them when you see you have a few minutes to yourself. And they are cheap – $9.99 at Walgreens. That is so much less than going to the salon. (And I know I said that I wouldn’t push xmas gifts, but really, if you are stuck for that last last minute gift, these would really be great to pick up.)
Kiss also has a fun kit of press-on toenails for that last minute get together where you need to look fab in your peeptoes, and no time for that last minute pedi. These kits look like you have a french pedicure with out the time and trouble to get one. They are temporary, last only up to 3 days, but can be soaked off after your fun night out.
They really are just a fun addition of something different, and are only $5.99 at the drugstores, too.
…because guess who won Three Custom Color Specialists “Make a List and Check it Twice” contest.
I was so surprised when I heard I won this, and am super excited to get to try out what will be a great haul from them. This will be my first time to try their products, which get such great raves. The list was so hard to narrow down, but thanks to you lovelies input and reviews, I think I got some great things. I can’t wait to let you guys know what I think, too.
Thanks so much to Three Custom Color Specialists (and the very nice Tess) for this great contest!
…but I do love me some predictions and forecasts. I just really want to know what’s going to be coming up. Sue me, I’m nosy..uhm…inquisitive.
I have learned so much this year of getting to know products again. But the main thing I learned is that I *don’t* know everything about anything. And that there are always people working with new and old ingredients to bring us the latest and greatest to enhance our lives. Luckily, I read a great forecast put out by Shannon Nelson for Pierce Mattie PR
that gives me a heads up of what the top ingredients are that we’ll be seeing in 2009. Take a look for yourself:
2009 Beauty Forecast: Pierce Mattie PR Names the Top 10 Ingredient Trends
In previous years the beauty industry transitioned into the importance of being all natural with products ranging from skin care to spa treatments to hair care to cosmetics. In 2009 the focus will no longer just being about who is green or all natural, but about specific ingredients and their benefits. Pierce Mattie is known for forecasting trends in the beauty industry, so without missing a beat, the Beauty PR firm names the top 10 ingredients that consumers will hear more about in 2009.
- Argan Oil: This incredible skin care miracle, known for being one of the richest natural sources of Vitamin E with 80% essential fatty acids, has been a beauty secret of Moroccan women for centuries. It can be dually used on skin and in hair for its high level of antioxidants and ability to replenish hair and skin’s natural moisture.
- Acai: Sometimes referred to as “The Fountain of Youth,” this Brazilian berry contains antioxidants, amino acids, essential omegas, fibers and protein that positions itself as a formidable fighter in anti-aging products. Acai can be found across the board in skin care, cosmetics and hair care products.
- Goji Berries: This nutrient-rich berry, well known as Wolfberries in the Himalayas, has often been called a “super food” due to its abilities to fight free radicals and boost the immune system. While there are no inherent benefits of Goji in fragrance, that hasn’t stopped perfumers from including this sweet yet tart scent into their perfumes.
- Baobab: Rich in riboflavin, niacin and vitamins C, A, D and E, baobab has incredible anti-aging properties although you won’t just find it in creams and moisturizers, but also in exfoliating scrubs and hair care.
- Acerola: Ingredients high in Vitamin C, like acerola, are being used more often due to their ability to even out skin tone and brighten complexion. Skin care brands will be using acerola more to target those who have issues with skin redness and inflammation.
- Blueberry: Chock full of amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, blueberries are another super food that will be used to fight aging in beauty products. Also known as a “super fruit,” blueberries have long been known for its ability to revitalize the skin; it was just a matter of time before beauty brands began to incorporate it more into their skin care products.
- Probiotics: Last year Pierce Mattie PR termed probiotics a “buzzword” among beauty brands, but now those brands are delivering more than just buzz with this sister category to Cosmeceuticals and Nutraceuticals. Probiotic skin care will be branded as another “clinical-like” line of products, which beauty consumers tend to lean towards as science-based.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3: This Cosmeceutical that is becoming found more often in anti-aging products to fight fine lines and wrinkles will be even more prevalent in 2009. Products that contain Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 will be branded as a temporary alternative to cosmetic procedures.
- Myrrh: With the increasing popularity of Ayurveda in the Unites States, this ancient ingredient is also resurging in perfumes and skin care products. The rich royal resin with the slight vanilla fragrance so popular in incense also stimulates circulation and has lifting effects.
- Turmeric: A highly regarded ingredient in India, Turmeric is widely known for its medicinal properties. Turmeric will be found in acne-related creams and lotions, as it is an antiseptic and can aid in preventing and removing blemishes. It will also be found in hair removal products as well as in the formulation of sunscreen in more natural products as well.
I can already imagine what products several of these could be in, so I will be interested to see when and where they start showing up, but at least now I can be ahead of the curve when I do see them.
I fell for Napoleon Perdis when I saw him on the first “cycle” of “Australia’s Next Top Model”, that VH-1 was airing, until they cruelly pulled it after airing the first six episodes (leading a girl to scour online to see if she can find eppys to see who won). I adored the way he smacked down one of the girls who didn’t listen to him about taking off her false eyelashes. He just dismissed her. Love!
So, you know when I heard that TLC
was going to be airing a reality show of him leading a master class to find a protege to rep him in the US called “Get Your Face On”, you know my DVR was set immediately. This is because it is scheduled fun-ky! Like 6am CST Monday thru Friday for two weeks, only. No repeats. So, if you snooze, literally, you lose. Today was the 4th day, and I actually woke up early to see what was going on today. Yes, I know I should be watching “Blush: The Search for the Next Great Makeup Artist
, (don’t worry, lovelies, I have all eppys on my dvr), but Napoleon’s aussie accent trumps Maxi’s
OTT drama right now.
But I see a mini-marathon in my future, no worries.