I can not believe how fast this summer flew by! It’s almost Fall – in fact, my kiddo went back to school and started the 11th grade today! So, I thought today would be a good day to finish up my own summer vacation.
In case you were wondering what I had been up to, I made this handy dandy collage just for you!
1) “Orange is the New Black”. You GUYS! Seriously! This show! It makes me questions lots of things – like, what was I doing 8 years ago that could totally creep up and screw up my life now? I need it to be 2014 already.
3) I had this *ridiculous* Peach Pie ice cream. Real bits of peach and crust and real vanilla bean. Geez, I can taste it now. Too bad I had it at some hole in the wall out of state and no chance to get any more. Someone hit me up with a recipe STAT!
4) I saw some *amazing* movies this summer that you guys HAVE to check out, like “The Kings of Summer” and The Spectacular Now. I have a completely inappropriate crush on Miles Teller and am counting down the days until “Divergent” comes out. (*Fact: I may actually be a teenage girl, instead of a 40+ mom.)
5) My BFF had her baby and I finally made it down to see my new nephew, Henry. He’s kind of already in love with me. It’s understandable.
6) I read. A lot. “Shocked”, (*which was written by Beauty Blitz’s Polly Blitzer’s mom!), was just one of the *many* books that I read. My library card got a workout. And, yes, I still read paper books – there is just something about holding a physical book in my hand that a digital version just can’t match.
7) I figured out a way to give up the scrunchies. For now.
8) I went super bare on makeup this summer. Literally, what you see here was pretty much all that was used in some combination. I was lazy & I didn’t want to make a fuss, so, this MAC “Illustrated” bag was my it bag & in it I stashed:
Yep, that’s really pretty much all I wore this summer. For real.
9) And, I am pretty sure I spent most of my Summer in 2008, because I spent far too much time trying to get the Golden Fishing Rod in “Animal Crossing: City Folk”, which my sweet Momma loves to watch me play. I’m still 1 fish short. Damn you, Coelacanth!
So, that’s pretty much my summer – spending time with the family, relaxing and basically stepping away from the keyboard for a while.
Hope you guys had a great summer, too! (*Or maybe a great winter, if you are Down Under. 😉 ) Tell me – what kind of fun things did you do?