Celebrity makeup artist Christophe Danchaud created Marion Cotillard’s look for the 2013 Golden Globes. His inspiration: “Her statement-making couture dress is so flashy and strong on its own that I had to customize a makeup look that felt especially natural and fresh.”
Christophe mixed maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation in “medium” with tarte’s BB tinted treatment primer in “light” to ensure a glowing complexion.
To bring extra light around the eyes, he used tarte’s maracuja creaseless concealer.
Then he dusted Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in “dollface” over the apples of her cheeks up into the cheekbones.
He finished by applying a tiny bit of Amazonian clay finishing powder to minimize shine and set her look for the red carpet.
Christophe started by sweeping “meow” from the “call of the wild” Amazonian clay 8-shadow collector’s palette all over her lids for a splash of gold. Then he smudged skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in “onyx” at the base of her lashes to create a jet-black lashline.
For a one-of-a-kind blue, he mixed two skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liners. He started by lining the top lashline with skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in “amazonite blue” and then topped it with skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in “slate”.
To finish, he swept multiple coats of lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara through her lashes.
For a natural-looking pout, he traced her lips with LipSurgence lip tint in “charmed” and then added a dab of maracuja divine shine lip gloss in “adored” for a hint of shine.
Happy Independence Day to all of my US lovelies! Happy Wednesday to the rest of you!
It looks like I am heading out to the pool for a bit today, so I needed to make sure I had several things that would last thru that, protecting me from the rays of the sun & not looking like a complete wreck. This is what I chose for today:
Covergirl LastBlast 24Hour to keep my lashes in check.
Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in “Bad to the Bronze” to keep my eyes looking pretty.
Mario Badescu Lip Wax SPF 15 to keep my lips protected.
Coola Sunscreen SPF 35 in “Citrus Mimosa” to keep the rest of me protected, and smelling good!
Leonor Greyl Lait Luminescence to keep my haircolor protected.
How are you guys enjoying, and protecting yourself today?
*Disclaimer: I received these products from their PR for editorial consideration.
Copyright secured by Digiprove
One of the great things I love about beauty is that it can be all mixed up. I mean, that you can wear a $3 eyeliner with a $75 concealer. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is a great example of this. The “Official Makeup Sponsor” of MBFW is drugstore favorite, Maybelline New York. That’s right – the same items that you can get at your local CVS or Target is what was used on the models at some of the biggest designer names’ runway shows this month.
Check out some of the looks they created this season:
You can tell that the new “Fit Me!” Foundation, the Volum’ Express the Falsies Mascara and the Line Express Eyeliner were staples for the makeup artists at the shows and each of these only run around $6 -$8 (*and if you watch, there are usually BOGO1/2off at Walgreen’s and CVS pretty regularly.).
So, have you tried any of these Maybelline products? Any of them you are looking to try? I think I am going to try to go find my “Fit Me!” match pretty soon myself. Lemme know what your match is, if you go and find out, too.
Copyright secured by Digiprove
Guys, I can’t believe it is already that time of year again! Another year of trying out new products, going to fashion shows, trade shows, trying new services, meeting great new people – and sharing it all with you!
As a token of my appreciation for sticking around to read my ramblings, I want to give you guys a chance to win a bunch of goodies. This year I really wanted to make a point and share with you some of my go to faves – from the “cheaper than lunch” treat to the decadent “you spent how much?”. Here’s what I’m giving away:
- Eight Body Moisture – Ginger Lime: The fresh scent wakes you up and it feels so good going on. I’m just glad my kid doesn’t like lotion, or he would have taken this along with my body wash. ($24/ea)
- Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser: Hands down my favorite eye makeup remover. So gentle on the eyes & no weird film left afterwards. I wept when I finished my last bottle. No lie. ($24/ea)
- Mally Beauty Volumizing Waterproof Mascara: I do not like waterproof mascara, except for this one. Seriously. When I got this one I used it for a couple of months before I even realized it *was* waterproof – it just didn’t feel like other wp mascaras out there. And it makes my lashes look good, too! You’ll get *2* of these, so you can decide to hoard them for yourself or share one with a friend. ($20/ea)
- Votre Vu Duette: This combo lotion/lip balm is a multi-taskers dream. I may or may not have had words with a TSA agent at the airport when I forgot to check it, since it is a smidge over 3oz. (*Spoiler: I won!) Also, this scent is heavenly. ($39/ea)
- Mario Badescu Lip Wax: I recently gave my tube up to my friend who had lips like Lisa Rinna used to have due to an allergic reaction. Her situation was dire. I would only willingly give up my tube in emergencies like that. It’s that good. ($5/ea)
- Mario Badescu Flower and Tonic Mask: Sometimes my face just needs a little TLC, so I’ll slather this mask on for a little soothing. However, last time I grabbed it, I realized I hadn’t closed it properly and it had dried out. I was so devastated I attempted to revive it with tap water. Don’t do that. ($18/ea)
- Mario Badescu Super Rich Olive Body Lotion: In the winter my legs get really dry and itchy. I squeeze some of this on before bed, rub it all in and the itchiness goes away. Heavy duty, but light moisturize. And it absorbs quickly so my sheets don’t get all gross. ($10/ea)
- CoverFX MintGlaze FX: This lip primer works great on lips, but it does amazing things on mosquito bites, too. Seriously. I don’t know how, but when I used this on some nasty bites this summer – *bam* – they went away QUICK. No lie. I’m giving away *2* tubes of this, so that you can use one on your lips and one on your bites, since you really don’t wanna mix the two, do you? ($22/ea)
- Three Custom Color Cream to Powder Blush in “Morning After”: I love cream blushes now. And I know some of you are afraid to try them because you might be intimidated. This almost neutral shade is a perfect way to ease into it, esp since it dries down to a powdery finish anyway. ($22.50/ea)
- Orlane Paris Extreme Anti-Wrinkle Regenerating Night Care: Yep, this is expensive and oh so decadent. It also feels good and works really well at soothing my tired skin by absorbing fast & not sitting on top of my skin like so many night creams do. It makes it feel like my has bounced back overnight when I use it. Of course, it better for the price tag, right? And I’m giving you a jar to see for yourself! ($300/ea)
You all know I am nosy, so, this year’s contest question(s) is “Have you bought or tried anything that I have written about? If so, what?”. I’m really just curious if anything did so I can know if I am alone in my like for something. Anyway, enter your answer, name and email addy in the widget below, please:
I’ll run the contest from now until midnight the night of the 16th and will announce the winner next week on my birthday, the 17th! Good luck!
*Disclaimer: All prizes are being provided by PR on my, and their clients, behalf.
Copyright secured by Digiprove
Flirt! Cosmetics has come out with a new mascara this month called IT CURL™Lash Curling Mascara. This mascara has a “super curvy brush that gives your lashes the boost and curl they crave. Like a bustier for your lashes, this curling mascara lifts lashes with its thick curvy brush to create the most voluminous curls your lashes have ever experienced!”
“How?”, you say? Well, by formulating with lash thickening fibers on a “patent-pending CAT brush (curved, asymmetrical triangular brush) (that) is the next generation in wire-wand mascara applicators, building volume and curl for incredibly intense, amplified lashes. This technologically-advanced brush features a uniquely engineered product feed groove along the radius of its curved profile to hold additional product just like a reservoir! This technology along with the multiple surfaces and edges of the brush improves retention of the mascara formula providing your lashes with a sexy boost of volume and excellent product pay off. “
AND, “according to clinical testing lashes’ curl was increased by 144% immediately and volumized by 111%! And the product keeps on working for up to 8 hours of wear! (*For best use, the experts at FLIRT! recommend to remove the wand and gently eliminate excess product from tip. Hold the arched brush so it follows the curve of your lashes. Apply as many coats as desired to build the curl, intensity, and volume that you crave.)”
I had a chance to try this out and let me tell you, it really does thicken my lashes and give them some curl, even without using my lash curler. Apparently, my lashes are pretty straight, so I needed a little bump, but if your lashes have some bend to them already, you can probably do without. It comes in 3 colors, Bombshell Black, Bouffant Brown and Bronze Belle – I tried the Bronze Belle. This is a bright bronze color that I wouldn’t normally use, but it was brightening and I think would be good for the summer – esp with my light skin and freckles.
Flirt! Cosmetics are a Kohl’s exclusive and can be picked up in-store or online for $14, but they are usually running sales so you might be able to pick it up a bit cheaper. Let me know if you have tried this or if you pick it up – I’d love to see how it curls your lashes.