Celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath created the hair look for Rosario Dawson at the 2013 Golden Globes. He chose to do a voluminous wave with a subtle side part to play off the modern glam of Rosario’s Antonio Berardi dress. He tucked her hair on the right side to showcase the gorgeous Lorraine Schwartz drop earring and the beautiful cut of the neckline.
Here’s how Kylee created Rosario’s look:
1. First, he started out by prepping damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, specifically at the roots, for lightweight volume.
2. Then, he spritzed sections from the mid shaft through the ends with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray.
3. Kylee then took sections, starting at the nape of the neck, and blow-dried hair with a medium sized boar bristle round brush, mainly focusing on getting lift at the roots while smoothing out the ends.
4. He then curled 2-inch sized sections of hair using a 1¾-inch curling iron. After removing the iron, he lightly sprayed each curl with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray and then pinned each section in place. After curling all her hair and letting it cool, he unpinned and brushed each section out with a Mason Pearson brush.
5. To finish, he lightly teased the roots to create volume and sprayed her hair with hairspray to add sheen and to hold the look for the night.
Celebrity hairstylist Cervando created the hair look for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at the 2013 Golden Globes. He went for a modern, chic hairstyle, inspired by the fashion runways of Paris. Rosie’s hair gives an effortless elegance to her Saint Laurent Paris gown.
Here’s how Cervando created Rosie’s look:
1.First start by prepping wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Repair & Finish Spray to protect hair while blow-drying it.
2.Rough blow dry hair until it’s 75% dry. Starting at the nape of the neck, blow dry hair in small sections using a medium sized boar bristle round brush.
3.Starting at the part, twist hair along the hairline until the temple, and then create a small roll. Place a small metal hairpin in the roll to build height. Spray the area with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and let it set for 20 minutes, allowing the hair to take form around the pin. Remove pin and spritz with hairspray for control.
4.Apply a small amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme Smooth Combing Crème to smooth hair and tame flyaways.
5.To finish, sweep hair over one shoulder and spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray to hold in place while leaving it with lots of natural movement.
Celebrity Stylist Ben Skervin created the hair look for Rachel Weisz at the 2013 Golden Globes. He channeled the 1930s with sexy, sleek waves that complement her Louis Vuitton dress.
Here’s how Ben suggests getting the look:
1.Starting with damp hair, apply Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray and blow-dry hair straight.
2.Once hair is dry, tuck hair behind left ear. On that same side, take small sections and curl hair down a 1-inch barrel curling iron. After 20 seconds, remove the iron and pin the section in a roll while it cools. Repeat this process until the whole head is curled.
3.Then, on the untucked side, repeat the same process but with a ½-inch curling iron to give a stronger wave around the face. Once all the hair cools, remove the pinned sections and brush hair into a soft, sexy wave.
4.To keep hair tucked behind the ear, apply a small amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel.
5.Lastly, lightly mist with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray to hold the style in place, leaving it with a sleek, finished look.